Wednesday 29 July 2015

Cecil The Lion

I'm sorry if this one doesn't make much sense today but I'm deeply upset:

#Cecilthelion

We have to ask ourselves why big game hunting exists don't we?  The pursuing and killing of animals for 'the high' we get from it is a pathetic and backward habit.  It is a sad excuse of a thing to do, when rich people from America fly over to Africa for the sole purpose of wiping out a beautiful creature which is one of the few remaining natural marvels of the world.

For goodness sake lets put a stop to this pathetic behaviour, let us enshrine it in international law, please people.  These creatures feel pain, they have minds and they have fear.

If we prick them do they not bleed?

There is a line in all of this, I think Animal Husbandry is a completely reasonable part of humanity. I think we need the likes of meat (I certainly do anyway) but where do you draw the line?  Where do you draw the line?

The people writing death threats I cannot condone, but nor can I condone the slaughter of this beautiful creature.

A tearful Scarlet signs off




No comments:

Post a Comment